This online Symposium focuses the latest research in the field of Children’s Spirituality. It includes a keynote address by Jerome Berryman (Founder of Godly Play), a panel with four respondents, and nine scholarly presentations.
The Rev. Dr. Jerome Berryman offers the Keynote, Playing in the Flow of God’s Creative Power: A Theology of Childhood.
Elisabeth M. Kimball, Ph.D., Associate Dean for Lifelong Learning and the James Maxwell Professor Chair of Lifelong Christian Formation at VTS, serves as host.
Elizabeth DeGaynor, Th.D. Assistant Professor of Practical Theology and Christian Formation at VTS, serves as host and panel facilitator.
Br Luis Enrique Hernández Rivas CFC offers opening prayers. Follow his theology in the public square of TikTok @brotherluis.
Rev. Ebony Grisom, a Godly Play Missioner and member of the Godly Play Anti-Racism Task Force, serves as a panelist.
The Rev. Matthew Kozlowski, Ph.D., Associate Rector at All Saints Church, Bethesda, MD, serves as a panelist.
Sarah Bentley Allred
Sarah Bentley Allred, M.Div., Editor of Building Faith, serves as a panelist.
- Laura Alary - What Is This Story Doing to Me? Biblical Storytelling for a Global Generation (46:05)
- Tanya Marie Eustace Campen - Holy Work with Families: Dancing Together (26:06)
- Amy Chapman - Nurturing Children’s Innate Spirituality Through K-12 Education (35:12)
- Dave Csinos - All, Some, None: A Multilayered Interpretation of Children’s Theological Meaning-Making (21:46)
- Catherine Maresca - Children, Signs, and Spiritual Literacy: An Interfaith Experience (42:03)
- Alfred Kah Meng Pang - Prophetic Wonder with Children in the Call to Teach: A Lasallian Inspiration (37:53)
- Anthony Peterson - Listening with Children: A Spirituality of Race (51:16)
- Karen-Marie Yust - Let the Little Children Theologize: Moral Development, Critical Thinking, and Preschool Faith (41:12)
- Henry Zonio - Made in His Image: Constructing Gender in Children’s Sunday School (42:37)
Let the Little Children Theologize: Moral Development, Critical Thinking, and Preschool Faith